Re: [groff] Release Candidate 1.22.3.rc1

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [groff] Release Candidate 1.22.3.rc1
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:39:50 -0500

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018, Bertrand Garrigues wrote:
> >     troff: ../contrib/mom/examples/mon_premier_doc.mom:134: can't
> > translate character code 168 to special character 'ad' in transparent
> > throughput
> >     troff: ../contrib/mom/examples/typesetting.mom:130: warning: can't find
> > special character 'u00A0'
> >
> > There's quite a few of this kind of thing.  A quick skim of INSTALL
> > didn't find any `ignore these'.
>
> I think the resulting typesetting.pdf  file is broken?  I have seen this
> kind of errors before, usually when there is a problem with font
> installation of more recently after an upgrade of ghostcript.

The first warning is unrelated to the font installation
problem, which, IIRC, we established was the result of the
'gsfonts-other' package not being installed.  Perhaps Colin would
consider making gsfonts-other a dependency for the groff-base and
groff packages?

The second error results from a missing -k flag when processing
typesetting.mom.  That's been fixed.  A fresh build from the latest
sources doesn't emit the warning.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca