Re: [Groff] parallel text processing ; vertical and horizontal mode

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] parallel text processing ; vertical and horizontal mode
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 18:07:27 -0400

> Thinking aloud here, I wonder if misusing the mom macros' footnotes
> might give you what you want.  It's getting late, but I'll have a
> look at this tomorrow and see how it might be possible.

Erich --

Have a look at the attached .mom and .pdf files.  The translation
(lower) needs to be input first.  You still need to break each
page manually, but I don't believe there's any way around that no
matter what strategy you use.

Everyone else --

You'll notice that the top of the pdf file has a
line of text spit out by grep(1) that obviously shouldn't be there.
I guess I've never had to deal with diacritics in titles, because
I've never seen this before and the line only appears when the title
is "L'étranger."  I'm stumped as to how stderr from grep(1) is
finding its way into the file.  The problem seems to be related to
preconv(1) and pdfbookmark (from pdfmark.tmac) because
the same file, processed without the -k flag, does not contain the
grep(1) line.  Any ideas what's going on?

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca