Re: [Groff] Underlining, again

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Underlining, again
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 02:20:11 -0400

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010, Werner Lemberg wrote:

> > If you're satisfied with a solution that works *only* with the
> > postscript device, then this can be achieved with device-control
> > escapes.  Here's something to play around with.  It redefines[*]
> > grops's basic text-printing functions to memorize the position at
> > the start of a piece of text and once the text is printed draws a
> > line to the remembered beginning position.
>
> Very nice!  I haven't tested it yet, but such a solution hasn't come
> to my mind at all.

I've tested it.  It's exactly what was needed.  I've folded it into
the mom macros, and it works like a charm.  If it's okay, Tadziu,
I'd like to include it in the next release.

The only hitch I've encountered is that if the sentence spacing is
greater than the groff default, the underline gets broken between
sentences.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus