Re: [Groff] refer help

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] refer help
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 14:20:54 -0400

On Sun, Sep 05, 2010, Werner Lemberg wrote:
> > Another question/oddity.  Although it isn't likely one would need
> > two .R1 / .R2 blocks in the same document, in the case that one
> > does, the second causes groff (or refer? I'm not sure which) to emit
> > to stderr
> >
> >   test: 12: .R1: unexpected operator
> >
> > unless the .R1 is followed by a blank argument, like this
> >
> >   .R1 ""
>
> Example, please.

No need.  I discovered the source of the problem.  My error, again.
(I really need a break.)  I use a script to process groff files, and
carelessly introduced a bug in the function that tests whether
groff needs the -R option for a given file.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus
http://www.schaffter.ca