Re: [Groff] EPS importing problem

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] EPS importing problem
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 18:41:16 +0100 (BST)

On 09-Sep-09 16:20:36, Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:
>> Attached are two EPS files:
>>
>>   test1.eps
>>   test1-EMB2.eps
>>
> [snip]
>
> File "test1-EMB2.eps" contains a call to "setpagedevice"
> (through "setpagesize"), which is a bin no-no for EPS files.
> Does the problem still occur If you delete the line that says
> "720 360 /letter setpagesize"?

Thanks, Tadziu! That seems to completely solve it (I commented out
the line with "%## 720 360 /letter setpagesize"). Well spotted!

I'll pass this back to Simone Gabriellini (who raised the problem)
and to Paul Murrell (who is the R expert on esoteric graphics and
an originator of the embedFonts() function in R).

My thanks also to Robert Herrman (private communication) for other
considerations which are also interesting.

Best wishes to all,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861