[Groff] Re: grohtml vertical space patch and (screwdriver, nail and hamm

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Groff] Re: grohtml vertical space patch and (screwdriver, nail and hammer fix)
Date: 28 Feb 2005 08:36:08 +0000

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> Applied, thanks.  It's better now, but there is still missing vertical
> space before and after tables (created as images).  Cf. the table at
> the top of pic-12.html.
>

>     Werner

thanks Werner, I hadn't spotted the lack of space in table images.

> PS: Have you seen the mail which describes my problems with DEVTAG-COL
>     in the groff_char manpage?

yes thanks, I'm working on it.. I've narrowed it down to one method in
post-grohtml. But I've not got the fix yet. Here was my reply (a
couple of days ago, maybe it got lost in a thread?)..:

well done with adding the DEVCOL tags. I've just started to track down
this problem but interestingly it is (pseudo solved) when some text is
placed immediately after the `.P' and before the `.CT' which leads me
to suspect a bug.. anyway once some extra text is placed here it looks
nice :-)

ie:

.P
fixes
.CT "\fIOutput" "\fIInput" "\fIInput" "bracketright" "decomposed"

Gaius