Re: [Groff] [off] micro-typography

From: Thomas Baruchel
Subject: Re: [Groff] [off] micro-typography
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 11:54:10 +0100

Brest, le dimanche 3 février

One remark:

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 03:19:29PM -0000, Ted Harding wrote:
> The basic mechanisms for fiddling character widths [track-kerning,
> use '.tkf'] and for having certain characters protrude slightly
Yes, but you have to be carefull with the right margin. There is a small
problem. Fortunately, it can be very easely solved:
If you add a small space after each character with .tkf, the space will
be counted as a part of the character by the justification algorithm.
Just use .ll +[what you add with .tkf] to fix it.

> As to automating this, or automating any sophisticated algorithms,
> in macros, that's another question. And certainly building it in
> to groff's troff would be a radical change.

much can be done with macros. If I had time...

--
        ,--._
     //   \    ( ,,  ,, ''   `)    Thomas Baruchel
   //        ~.   `._,,   ,'  <address@hidden>
                   \  \                 Brest
                  _/ _/