grep-devel

Re: [Grep-devel] new snapshot available: grep-3.0.23-b00df

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: [Grep-devel] new snapshot available: grep-3.0.23-b00df
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 20:11:02 -0700

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 12:55 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Jim Meyering <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> > Do you still want the log? If so I'll send it...
>>
>> Yes, please, in case it's easy to fix.
>
> Attached. Thanks!

Thanks.
I've determined the cause, at least. The sole caller of mbstoupper
(which contained the relevant __CYGWIN__-specific
surrogate-pair-handling code) was removed by the improvements of
v2.21-63-g8a33cde, and not long after, I noticed that mbstoupper was
no longer used, so removed it altogether.

Since this affects surrogate-pairs only on cygwin, I'm not going to do
anything about this prior to release. After release, I'll make that
test skip or maybe even remove it altogether.