grep-devel

Re: [Grep-devel] grep-2.27 released [stable]

From: Michael Felt
Subject: Re: [Grep-devel] grep-2.27 released [stable]
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 20:22:24 +0100

Just thought I would mention that make check has one fail (and many skips).

../../src/grep-2.27/gnulib-tests/test-symlink.h:43: assertion 'errno
== ENOENT || errno == EINVAL' failed
FAIL test-symlink (exit status: 134)

I believe the "fail" is related to using an NFS share for the build.
-- BECAUSE --

When I run the "make check" command using a "local" filesystem, the summary is:
Testsuite summary for GNU grep 2.27
# TOTAL: 142
# PASS:  123
# SKIP:  19
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  0
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

Note: AIX 5.3 TL7 with xlc v11 as compiler.