graveman-general

Re: [Graveman-general] Re: [Gnomebaker-devel] What about merging Gravema

From: Sylvain Cresto
Subject: Re: [Graveman-general] Re: [Gnomebaker-devel] What about merging Graveman and Gnomebaker projects ?
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:06:01 +0100

Christoffer Sørensen a écrit :

AKL. Mantas Kriauciunas wrote:

Hi,
I've noticed, that Gnomebaker (http://gnomebaker.sf.net ) and Graveman
(http://www.nongnu.org/graveman/ ) projects have almost the same goals
and uses same tools/libraries for this - both uses gtk+-2.0, libglade-2.0, mkisofs, libvorbis, libogg, sox and growisofs.

I am only speaking on behalf on myself, not Luke.

We use the same tools, that's right. However, we are moving towards gstreamer in the next release.

So, why do not merge these project instead of duplicating the work ?
I think all users would be happy if two good projects would merge into
one excellent ;)

I don't know the goals of Graveman. Our graphical interfaces are quite different.
It could be nice to share some code to avoid duplication, I agree.

Hi,
Yes graphical interface are quite different. One of the objectives of graveman is of being easily able to function with others windowmanagers without requiring a lot
of the gnome librairies.
Of course there are no problem to share code or ideas.

Btw, it would be nice if Graveman/Gnomebaker would use Libcoaster
library for central preferences control on burners, see
http://www.coaster-burn.org/libcoaster/
http://www.coaster-burn.org/libcoaster/screenshots.html

libburn is not actively maintained, I read somewhere. Also, libburn does support DVD burning so we still have to use growisofs. If libcoaster and libburn were actively maintained, we might start to use them.

Best regards,

Chris

At the beginning I had also tried to use libburn, but this lib was not enough complete to manage to quickly
and easily release a software using it.

Thanks,
Sylvain