gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin 18X LVC and upcoming week rollover

From: Rich Wales
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin 18X LVC and upcoming week rollover
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:01:39 -0800

Replying to Gary E. Miller:

3.18.1 is current. There are some CVE in 3.17, so watch your host until you get 3.18.1

I'm using the gpsd from the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS repository, and it's currently 3.17.  Is there a reliable PPA which I could add to my setup in order to get 3.18.1 without needing to build from sources?

The computer with my GPS is an internal host on my home LAN, behind a firewall, not visible to the Internet.  I wouldn't consider it a good idea anyway to make the gpsd port reachable from the Internet at large, right?, except perhaps for a large company where it's no real security issue for people to know your ICBM coordinates.
--
Rich Wales
address@hidden