gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] CGPS stating fix valid when antenna has been disconnected

From: Giovanni Parodi
Subject: [gpsd-users] CGPS stating fix valid when antenna has been disconnected
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 15:12:19 +0200

Hello everybody,
I'm a user of GPSD (version 3.14).
Here is my issue:
  1. I have a embedded board
  2. I startup the board without connecting GPS antenna
  3. Both cgps (and gpsmon) indicate no valid fix, time is nan
  4. I connect the GPS antenna (no board reboot).
  5. Both cgps (and gpsmon) indicate valid fix
  6. I disconnect the GPS antenna (no board reboot).
  7. Here is the problem:
    1. tool cgps  indicates valid fix, but the timestamp doesn't change
    2. tool gpsmon indicates fix not valid (and this is the right information)

Here is my doubt, why the cgps tool always print that the FIX is 3D mode?
My main issue is that I should implement a custom client in C and I would like to copy the code approach in cgps (the one in gpsmon is more complicated).

However when, at step 7, I read the data using the subroutine

gps_read

the structure gps_data_t contains the flag indicating a valid GPS fix (while the fix is no valid as stated by gpsmon).
Do you have any idea what's wrong with cgps?

Best regards
Giovanni