gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Create an SVG skyview image from JSON data

From: Niccolo Rigacci
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Create an SVG skyview image from JSON data
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 09:41:26 +0200

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 11:56:52AM -0700, Gary E. Miller wrote:

> And a nit.  I think a better usage example is:
>
> $ gpspipe -w | skyview2svg > skyview.svg

In the way you suggested gpspipe does not terminate and so
skyview2svg does not terminate (despite it outputs the .svg
nicely). I have to hit Ctrl-C to terminate the pipe.

I tried to sys.stdin.close(), but it is not sufficient. Do you
know if there is a way to terminate the pipeline from within
skyview2svg?

--
Niccolo Rigacci - http://www.rigacci.net/
Campi Bisenzio - Firenze - Italy