gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] 'scons check' installs files, fails on pyserial

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] 'scons check' installs files, fails on pyserial
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 17:25:15 -0700

Yo Frank!

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 20:18:24 -0400
Frank Nicholas <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Are you on profile 17.1 yet?  17.1 is when they got serious:
> >
> >    https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:AMD64/Multilib_layout
> > <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:AMD64/Multilib_layout>
>
> Thanks for the link - something to look forward too…
>
> On the two systems I have quick access to, they are on 17.0, since
> March, 2018.

17.1 is still marked 'experimental', but been solid for me.

This Dec 2017 Gentoo news item describes how to make the update:

https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2017-12-26-experimental-amd64-17-1-profiles.html

Easy to do, but can take some time.  Like many Gentoo updates it
involves recompiling gcc and friends.  Whenever that happens I just
rebuild @system and @world.

Just amd64 for now.  Not arm64, yet.

RGDS
GARY