gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Create an SVG skyview image from JSON data

From: Niccolo Rigacci
Subject: [gpsd-users] Create an SVG skyview image from JSON data
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 11:28:25 +0200

Hello to all,

I installed gpsd and gpsd-clients packages on my Raspberry Pi
(version 3.16-4, Raspbian Stretch distro).

I was wondering if there is a tool to draw a nice skyview image
to be shown via a web interface. I found two tools included in
the /usr/share/doc/gpsd-clients/examples/ directory: skyview.php
and webgps.py, but they are quite basic and unactractive (they
came from the /contrib/ git directory).

So I wrote a simple Python script which reads the JSON data of a
"SKY" response, then it produces the SVG file. I made it as much
as parametric as possible, to customize layout and colors.

Can this script be of some interest to someone? Should I
contribute it somewhere?

Thanks!

I try to attach here the script and a sample image...

--
Niccolo Rigacci - http://www.rigacci.net/
Campi Bisenzio - Firenze - Italy