gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD SOCK output without PPS

From: Zach LaCelle
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD SOCK output without PPS
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 17:18:45 -0400

Gary,

I'll definitely look at the 8, thanks for letting me know!

Command line args:

/usr/sbin/gpsd -N -n /dev/ublox

Not using systemd, launching through System V using /etc/init.d/gpsd script.

I do have a /dev/pps0 device which is added when I attach the receiver. ppstest returns the following (and you mentioned it's disconnected, so no surprise):

trying PPS source "/dev/pps0"
found PPS source "/dev/pps0"
ok, found 1 source(s), now start fetching data...
time_pps_fetch() error -1 (Connection timed out)

As I understand it, the SOCK connection includes PPS information, correct? My thought was I just set up SOCK, then once I get PPS integrated (either by wiring up the 7 or by getting an EVK-8) I won't have any config changes.

Thanks,

-Zach

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 5:01 PM Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo Zach!

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 16:28:30 -0400
Zach LaCelle <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't have PPS because I'm using the USB connection to the EVK-7P
> initially (I will eventually wire it in, but haven't yet).

I looked at the doc.  You do not have it because u-blox forgot to add
the connection until later builds of the EVK-8 series.

There are much better and cheaper eval kits.

The 7's were never popular.  You would like an 8 much better.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588