gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] 1PPS NOW working with RPi 3 B+ and Stretch

From: Alan Scott
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] 1PPS NOW working with RPi 3 B+ and Stretch
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 14:05:43 -0700

Paul:

I purchased Patriots also from amazon got the 5 pack of them.

Yes they are very reasonably priced, but ANYTHING COULD have happened to those cards, even after arriving in my possession, and face it, I have a LOT of MAG mount antenna laying around here, so I simply am going to suggest this, and I will defer to GEMiller for a "correct" or MORE-correct than simply scribbling zeros or random data across the card prior to any use or re-use, I personally could care less about "burning" a write session on the card........face it at some point THEY ALL WILL FAIL.  So weather it fails today, or tonight because I "burned" one Read/Write session on it, I could care less, this is why I carry backups......(enough about best practices)......

Alan