gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Debian Stretch & Deb package

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Debian Stretch & Deb package
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:53:32 -0600

Adding the gpsd user list so the conversation is captured for future
use.

On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 19:26:22 +0100
aimdev <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Debian do provide a package for gpsd,
> https://packages.debian.org/source/stretch/gpsd
> <https://packages.debian.org/source/stretch/gpsd> but it is usually
> an earlier version of gpsd.

I am familiar with that. I needed git master so I could make my client
work with it.

> However it is possible to copy the existing source package from
> Debian, merge the new code and build a local customised package,
>
> I have done this with other software, so I can migrate the package to
> other systems.
>
> It does require a bit of effort, but it is documented on the Debian
> site.

I will look at that! Thanks

> Regarding systemd, this can be tuned to your requirements, again the
> documentation will assist you.
>
> Aside, what gps receiver are you using?, if its Ublox, there are a
> number of alternatives.

BU-353. It has worked with gpsd for years.

> Bonne Chance

Merci

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but