gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD Client Connected to Remote GPSD - Unrecognized req

From: Florian Petry
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD Client Connected to Remote GPSD - Unrecognized request "" when running gpsmon
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 08:29:27 +0200

Hi.

Also check this thread. https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-users/2017-09/msg00006.html

We also want to use gpsd in the "master/slave" configuration, because we have a flexible use case where systems are either in a lab with no gps coverage with their own antenna and are using a "gps server" (system with an outdoor antenna that provides gpsd with -G) or outdoors where they can use real gps. The change can easily be managed by re-configuring the local gpsd instead of configuring n client applications.

And we also stumbled over the "unrecognized request" problem. In this case it has nothing to do with systemd or the distro packages. As mentioned, it is just a bug in gpsd and is not fixed in git head so no matter what distro or init system we/you use, master/slave will sadly not work atm.

We helped ourselves with streaming gps to a UDP socket which gpsd picks up fine (gps2udp).

Regards,
Florian