gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD Client Connected to Remote GPSD - Unrecognized req

From: Joshua Quesenberry
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD Client Connected to Remote GPSD - Unrecognized request "" when running gpsmon
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 08:39:21 -0400

Gary,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the server side be the only part of this
that requires the -G option? I have tried setting the -G on the client side,
but it seemed to have no effect on the problem at hand.

Server side was running with the command: sudo /usr/sbin/gpsd -N -G -n -D 2 -F
/var/run/gpsd.sock /dev/ttyUSB0

My 2nd email showed this output on the server side, which indicates that the
client connected correctly and that the -G was in place and working:

gpsd:CLIENT: <= client(0): ?\x0a
gpsd:ERROR: ERROR response: {"class":"ERROR","message":"Unrecognized request
''"}\x0d\x0a
gpsd:CLIENT: => client(0): {"class":"ERROR","message":"Unrecognized request
''"}\x0d\x0a
gpsd:CLIENT: <= client(0): WATCH={"enable":true,"json":true};\x0a
gpsd:CLIENT: => client(0): =

This email string seems to be pointing out a similar issue to what I'm seeing:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-users/2017-06/msg00009.html

My version appears to be 3.15, so I'm behind so I'm behind a little, but was
there ever a fix applied??

Thanks,

Josh Q