gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Unexpected behavior

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Unexpected behavior
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 18:55:06 -0700

Yo Nick!

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 16:46:47 -0700
"Nick Burkitt" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I should have led with that information. A fresh clone from the git
> repo and suddenly everybody sees PPS. :-#

Great.  Now file a bug report with Ubnutu for their broken binary.

> > > /etc/ntp-conf.d/use-gpsd-shm:
> > > refclock shm unit 0 refid GPS
> > > refclock shm unit 1 prefer refid PPS
>
> > The line with 'refid GPS' either needs the proper fudge, or
> > 'noselect'.  That will cause problems.
> Uh...que?

What is not clear?  Add 'noselect' to the line with 'refid GPS'.

Otherwise bad things happen.

> I didn't know my use-country-pool was broken.

Well, maybe it is not.  You'll know when you look.  The default
that NTPsec ships tells you to 'insert your country code here'.  So
it does not work until that is done.

> I'm using out-of-the-box
> ntpsec configuration.

Yeah.  How often have you seen a config faile say: address@hidden

Same thing, NTPsec does not know what country you live in.  So check it.

> But I won't ask you to handle ntpsec support, too. :-)

Well, I do that too, just on another list...

> Thanks a million for your help. It's unlikely that I'd have figured
> it out otherwise.

Glad to help.

RGDS
GARY