gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Ublox EVK-M8T

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Ublox EVK-M8T
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 14:24:18 -0700

Yo Denny!

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 12:54:54 -0700
Denny Page <address@hidden> wrote:

> After that, gpsd ends up sitting in a polling loop, with the port at
> 4800 baud, dropping everything it receives:

How long did you wait?  It can take a long time.

Also, at 115,200, the drag of all that debug output will likely cause
lock fail.  You can not debug at high speed with a lot of debug on.

How does it work with no debug?  Especially after waiting a minute or two?

> However, if the “-b” option is used to gpsd, gpsd correctly
> identifies u-blox on the second packet:

Then problem solved?  The -b option is precisely for situations like this.
I'm guessing that gpsd is sending something that your GPS does not like.

> The version of gpsd used for the above tests is git current as of
> this writing, with NMEA and u-blox drivers enabled:

You could try building a gpsd with just the ublox driver in it.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588