gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] ublox EVK-6 problem

From: Marek Floriańczyk
Subject: [gpsd-users] ublox EVK-6 problem
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 14:42:23 +0200

Hi,

I have strange problem, after a while (some minutes) my app receives the same
gps coordinates even if I'm moving. I'm getting data every 3 seconds and after
a while gps sort of "hangs" and sends last coordinates over and over again.

I'm not sure where the problem is. I have to restart gpsd, unplug/plug gps
receiver (USB), and restart application to make it work again.

My setup is:
Linux with gpsd, ublox evk-6H (with TCXO), and I'm using this plugin to get
data from gpsd to my app (written in Qt).
https://github.com/jmechnich/qtposition_gpsd

I have two applications connected to gpsd (through the plugin), connection
with localhost, sometime first one is getting right coordinates, and the second
just the same data.  Sometimes both of them are getting right data for a few
minutes and the second one stops receiving new coordinates, just old one -
until a restart.

Maybe someone has seen this behaviour and give me some tips where to search.

Gpsd is from Debian Stretch 64bit, version 3.16-4 and it runs with -N
parameter. I haven't modified anything in config.

Best Regards
Marek