gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Problem running on CentOS 7

From: Tony Hain
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Problem running on CentOS 7
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 11:32:45 -0700

From: gpsd-users [mailto:address@hidden On
Behalf Of JCH
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2017 4:30 AM
To: address@hidden
Subject: [gpsd-users] Problem running on CentOS 7

I've installed gpsd on CentOS7 Minimal (yum install gpsd).  The following
dependencies have been pulled in as well: bluez-libs, gpsd-libs, libusbx.
 It seems to start up fine automatically as a service, however, if I run it
from the command line, it produces no output.  Even running "gpsd -h"
produces no help output at all.  Seems like something pretty fundamental, so
I'm trying to figure out if there's a missing dependency or other
environment setup that I'm missing.

Any ideas as to what could be missing would be appreciated.
Joe

gpsd -h should produce output, but in normal runtime it does not. While gpsd
is running, run gpsmon or cgps, which will provide the UI side of the
environment.