gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] using gpsd on Cubieboard with Garmin 16x-HVS and app writte

From: Marek Floriańczyk
Subject: [gpsd-users] using gpsd on Cubieboard with Garmin 16x-HVS and app written in Qt
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:42:36 +0100

Hi all,

I need some answer/guidance if anyone is familiar with similar setup:
Microcomputer Cubieboard2 or Orange Pi plus
Garmin 16xHVS or some new model
at least 5m long cable between computer and the receiver.
Qt app using gpsd as a position source.

Will this work reliably if I connect PORT1 of the Garmin dev to 3.3 V UART on
microcomputer with cable length at least 5m ?
Or should I use usb to rs232 adapter ?
Would you recommend some newer/different model of the GPS dev to work with?
This setup is for tracking a bus in an urban environment.

Best Regards
Marek