gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Mini-PCI-e card with GPS/PPS suitable for gpsd and ntpq

From: Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE
Subject: [gpsd-users] Mini-PCI-e card with GPS/PPS suitable for gpsd and ntpq
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 10:37:54 -0000

Dear all,

First, I would like to congratulate you for working on gpsd.

As a Linux enthousiast, I would like to build a cheap stratum-1 ntpd
server. I am wondering if GPS cards with a mini-PCI Express connector
are available.

I found this model on Internet:
http://www.versalogic.com/products/DS.asp?ProductID=240

But it is not listed in gpds hardware supported list:
http://www.catb.org/gpsd/hardware.html

Are you aware of any mini-PCI express card suitable for GPSD and PPS?

I am also wondering if some 3G cards might not support GPS with PPS and
might be suitable on a mini-pci express slot.

Any comments are welcome!

Kind regards,
Kellogs