gpsd-dev

Re: truncated ublox8 regression for ubx-mon-hw and ubx-sec-uniqid

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: truncated ublox8 regression for ubx-mon-hw and ubx-sec-uniqid
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:12:33 -0700

Yo James!

On Sun, 24 Mar 2024 14:31:39 -0700 (PDT)
James Browning <jamesb192@jamesb192.com> wrote:

> > Lewiston, ID USA @46.40N 117.02W 2024/03/24 13:42 PDT
> >
> > Just for your consideration, a sample of less than 30 seconds,
> > including detection/config by gpsd.
>
> How about we hold off on that for another week or two?  I'm in the
> process of going over driver_ubx.c.  MIght as get the new stuff too.

I think I'm done with the new u-blox intialization.  It is slower,
but more reliable.  Hopefully it works for everyone.  Also it has
better UBX logging at -D5.

> Also, there are messages sent at startup that are not in the usual
> logs.  So the best logs start when gpsd starts.  I find the easy way
> to do that is to start gpsd without the -n flag.  Then when gpspiper
> -R starts, the whole intialization things happens, and is carptured.

Does that make sense?  Can you do that?

Even better, as I have done with the newer Trimble regressions:
   Capture the startup, to a 3D fix with skyview
   Cover antenna with alminum foil.
   Capture loss of fix, and loss of stallites.
   Unconver antenna.
   Capture restorartion of fix, and recapturee of stallites.

That smoked out problems in some TSIP "versions".

The total capure is about 20 seconds, so not large.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588