gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] GNGNS unknown sentence with ublox

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] GNGNS unknown sentence with ublox
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 18:22:43 -0800

Yo Julien!

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 18:16:22 +0000
Julien Bost <address@hidden> wrote:

> The 25 May 2016, in the "GNGNS unknown sentence with ublox" mailing,
> you talked about a new decoder you have coded for the GNGNS frames.
> I don't find it in the source code. I'am using the 3.17 version and
> i have the same warning as Max Schulze.

I just added a decoder for GNGNS.  gpsd had 3 sample files with GxGNS
sentences:

test/daemon/beidou-gb.log
test/daemon/beidou-bd.log
test/daemon/polarx2.log

Net change after adding GxGNS?  Zero.  Nada.  Nothing.

Every instance of GxGNS was paired with a GPRMC or GPGGA, so no new
data from the added decode.

I guess that is why no one bothered before, it is effectively useless.

I recommened turning off all GxGNS as they have no value, just wasting
serial bandwidth.  YMMV.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588