gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] RoyalTek REB-5216 gnss module and some questions

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] RoyalTek REB-5216 gnss module and some questions
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 19:11:28 -0800

Yo William!

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 08:41:32 +0100
William Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have access to the Qualcomm Chipcode and Createpoint websites.

Find anything useful yet?  Repeated attempts to contact Qualcomm by
various means have yielded me nothing.  This confirms reports that
they are very difficult to deal with.

Luckily, some kind soul bootlegged me a copy of some documents.  With
that I just added some very preliminary SiRFstarV support.  That is now
in git head.

Sadly the doc I got leaves many things undefined, so I had to guess
at many data items.  Can you please test?  It would be helpful if
you could compare to another GPS to confirm the time, satellite PRN and
lat/lon decodes.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588