gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] RoyalTek REB-5216 gnss module and some questions

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] RoyalTek REB-5216 gnss module and some questions
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 11:28:31 -0800

Yo William!

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 08:41:32 +0100
William Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have access to the Qualcomm Chipcode and Createpoint websites.

So do I, but I could find no useful info there.  Maybe it is there and
I missed it.

I tried to phone Qualcomm, but got stuck in voice mail hell.

> It may take a bit of time. Qualcomm is very "proprietary" and puts
> my name in a watermark on all their pdfs I download. I can raise a
> case and ask to share this info with you. I also have one SirfV sdk,
> which also has confidential/proprietary license texts.

I can promise not to share the doc, but the whole point is to put that
knowledge into the open source gpsd code.

Pretty petty of them to be this way, the only use this data has is to
people that buy their chips.

> Royaltek might also be cooperative, and less risky. Let's see.

Thanks for trying.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588