gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd Build Error "stdatomic.h" Not Found; Ubuntu 14.04 +

From: Gr Hudy
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd Build Error "stdatomic.h" Not Found; Ubuntu 14.04 + ARM Cortex A-15
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 14:31:39 -0600

Cheers, Gary-

>Ouch.  I gave up on my Tk1 a long time ago.  Way too many problems with it.
Sometimes I think that would be nice, but our current system is dependent on
it. We make extensive use of the GPU, and run on batteries where the low power
consumption is important. We are working on a new version that uses the Jetson
TX2...

>Which reminds me, I asked, and you did not answer, where is your stdatomic.h?
D'oh! I had a niggling feeling I had forgotten something.
/refsrc/gpsd-3.17 $ find / -name stdatomic.h
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/6/include/stdatomic.h
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/5/include/stdatomic.h
/usr/lib/gcc-snapshot/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.9.0/include/stdatomic.h
/refsrc/gcc-6.4.0/gcc/ginclude/stdatomic.h

If I correctly read the output of the cpp command I used in the
Jetson_Tk1_info.txt file I attached before, it should be using the one in
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/6/include/stdatomic.h

I didn't actually "mess with" any include directories or paths; I merely
switched the cpp being used from cpp-4.8 to cpp-6, to match the version of gcc.
I did this by slaving cpp off of gcc in update-alternatives, then selecting
gcc-6 as the default compiler.

-Gr