gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Windows version of libgps

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Windows version of libgps
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 18:29:53 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017, Robert Norris wrote:

> Regarding the patch(es) to enable a Windows version of libgps,

I merged those two patches, though I have a followup patch related to
os_daemon(), which does two things:

1) It provides a dummy always-failing version, rather than simply omitting
the function, in order to maintain API consistency.

2) It bases it on "not Unix" (specifically, the absence of unistd.h)
rather than the presence of Winsock.

I don't have a way to test this on Windows, so I haven't pushed it to
master yet, but it's available on my GitHub windows-fixes branch:

https://github.com/fhgwright/gpsd/tree/windows-fixes

Could you (Robert) test this on Windows?

> Sadly some hacks in the SConstruct file seem to be required to force cross
> compiling in scons.

As things presently stand, cross-OS cross-building doesn't work for
multiple reasons.

Fred Wright