gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] build broken on Raspberry Pi and Debian wheezy

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] build broken on Raspberry Pi and Debian wheezy
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 02:14:21 -0700

> I guess you have not been on IRC today.  Much turmoil.  esr should probably
> post a summary to the list.

I'm not plugged into IRC.  Nothing from Eric yet.

> In, short, you now need scons 2.3, which is not in Debian Wheezy.

The decision of what level of tools to require is not a simple one.  I'm a
bit surprised and/or annoyed that that sort of change was made without any
warning or consulting the group.

I have a FreeBSD 9.1 box with the same problem.  Mumble.  I'll see if a newer
9.x changes anything.

------

>From INSTALL
  gpg  --recv-keys 8B48AD6246925553
  gpg -a --export 46925553 |  apt-key add -
  apt-get update

I don't know that stuff.  It needs a cd or such.  I got error messages like
this:

address@hidden:~# gpg  --recv-keys 8B48AD6246925553
gpg: directory `/root/.gnupg' created
gpg: new configuration file `/root/.gnupg/gpg.conf' created
gpg: WARNING: options in `/root/.gnupg/gpg.conf' are not yet active during this
run
gpg: keyring `/root/.gnupg/secring.gpg' created
gpg: keyring `/root/.gnupg/pubring.gpg' created
gpg: no keyserver known (use option --keyserver)
gpg: keyserver receive failed: bad URI

-------

Is this interesting:

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
SHLIBVERSION '' does not match the version # '22.0.0' in the filename,
proceeding based on file name

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.