gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:06:39 -0700

Yo Paul!

On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 10:04:33 +0300
Paul Fertser <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hey Gary,
>
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 11:59:36PM -0700, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > > # this will drop all your uncommitted changes
> > > git reset --hard
> >
> > Yes, except the problem was files in .gitignore.
>
> That's why I added "git clean -fdx".

Interesting idea.  I suppose I could 'git stash' and then do that.

But we need to make the gpsd build system smarter so the casual user does
not have to be so smart.

Clearly I hhave a lot to learn on git.

> > > PS: as a side note regarding the libtool discussion,
> >
> > I'm not going there.  :-)
>
> I've just shared my observations to add another datapoint for those
> who'd be choosing a build system for their next project. The OpenWrt's
> devs' choice is CMake.

And thank you for that.  lease keep doing so.

For now build systems are esr's thing and I am sure he is lurking.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588