gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] libgps?
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:05:20 -0400

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> This does NOT work:
>
> # git pull
> # rm -rf .sco*
> # rm /usr/local/lib/libgps*
> # rm /usr/local/sbin/gpsd
> # scons --clean
> # scons distclean
> # scons --config=force qt=no  && scons install && ldconfig
> # /usr/local/sbin/gpsd
> /usr/local/sbin/gpsd: error while loading shared libraries: libgpsd.so.22:

Looks like libgpsd.so.22 is not present on your load path.  Check /usr/local/lib
after the build step to make sure it's there.

I'm in the process of simplifyting the build in a way that will address these
problems.  Now, libgpsd is *always* statically linked from the build dir
and not exported to system space.  Since we haven't actually installed gpsd.h
for a long time this isn't a functional regression.