gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] HEAD broken

From: Hal Murray
Subject: [gpsd-dev] HEAD broken
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 21:07:53 -0800

I'm still getting the protection violation trying to run scons check, but
only when gpsfake is installed.

Is it supposed to be installed?  I keep killing it and it keeps reappearing
but with a date that doesn't match the gpsd that gets installed.  If it's
supposed to get installed, somethingelse is probably broken by not
re-building it at the same time it rebuilds gpsd.  If it's not supposed to
get installed, well it is.

-------------

On Linux:

Processing test/daemon/tcp-test.log
gpsd: libgpsd_core.c:69: gpsd_acquire_reporting_lock: Assertion `0 != err'
failed.
gpsfake: socket error [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer.

On NetBSD and FreeBSD:

from scons check:
gcc -o gpsd -pthread -Wl,-rpath=/home/murray/gpsd/work
-Wl,-rpath=//usr/local/lib gpsd.o ntpshm.o shmexport.o dbusexport.o -L. -lrt
-lgpsd -lgps -lm
./gpsfake -T; ./regress-driver test/daemon/*.log
sys netbsd6 platform NetBSD-6.1.5-i386-32bit-ELF: WRITE_PAD = 0.004
CLOSE_DELAY = 0.80
Testing the daemon...
Processing test/daemon/GPSmap-76S.log
assertion "0 != err" failed: file "libgpsd_core.c", line 69, function
"gpsd_acquire_reporting_lock"
^C
^C^C

kill -9 from another window worked.

The -T option isn't described in the man page for gpsfake.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.