gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Parallel build broken?

From: Paul Fertser
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Parallel build broken?
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 07:40:47 +0400

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 10:24:47PM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Paul Fertser <address@hidden>:
> > And so you'll get wrong time for the first 12.5 minutes almost always,
>
> No I won't.  ept is the *time error* estimate, not the time.  With my
> proposal we don't adjust the time at all, just broaden the error band.

I see it now, have misunderstood your idea.

I personally would prefer some obvious "strange" but consistent
behaviour that would _force_ me to read the docs; with these subtle
tricks using "arbitrary" time constant (12.5 min) I can imagine one
getting different puzzling results occassionally but rarely enough to
avoid reading through the docs.

But probably that's just me, I'll wait patiently now to see what the
others say.

mailto:address@hidden