gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] NTPSHM patch review, please

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] NTPSHM patch review, please
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 19:04:41 +0000

For shmTime, we use 'volatile int count;' and 'volatile int valid;' and
y'all are not using 'volatile'.

I have not done much of a study of how the SHM code works in a while,
but it seemed to me at the time that we only cared that the read/write
happened when the code was executed (the original intent of volatile),
and we don't care as much about reordering.  This is also useful because
the NTP codebase still only requires C89...