gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Mysteriously vanishing bugs don't make me happy

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Mysteriously vanishing bugs don't make me happy
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 12:08:32 -0800

Yo Eric!

On Mon,  4 Nov 2013 14:14:06 -0500 (EST)
address@hidden (Eric S. Raymond) wrote:

> In the most general case, my test framework can now surround a gpsd
> instance with any number of fake GPS sources, each cycling a specified
> logfile until it's told to stop, with any desired mix of pseudo-TTYs,
> TCP sources and UDP sources. The TCP fake sources are all instances

Cool.

> I don't like it when previously reproducible bugs vanish without
> reason.

Welcome to the real world.

> Gary, please live-test on your SiRF-III.  If you get a hang we're
> going to need to look seriously at the new hunt_failure() predicate
> function and figure out what the right test is.

I just pulled git, and in limited testing it looks good.  More testing
to come.

FYI, after many days of running chronyd my clock stability is now down
to +/- 400 nSec.  Yes, nSec, not uSec, but it takes a while to get there.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588