goptical

[Goptical] Installation / Testing of Goptical in Windows 10

From: Mühlthaler , Markus
Subject: [Goptical] Installation / Testing of Goptical in Windows 10
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 13:08:48 +0000

Hello everyone,

recently I stumbled upon the Goptical package and wanted to test it, however I have problems to get the examples to run in Windows 10 / Visual Studio 2015.

I downloaded the package, created a new console application and loaded the tessar.cc for example as my main file. At first, I got a lot of errors because X11, gsl etc. was missing. I managed to install them and supply the required files to project settings, e.g. configuration settings à C/C++ à General à Additional include folders and got no more errors about missing includes.

However, the system complained about a missing #include <stdafx.h>, so I added that as well.

As I tried to run the application, I got hundres of syntax errors, already declared member functions, missing type specifiers, coming from the files fstring and delegate mostly. Also, for stdarg.h it gives the error „linkage specification must be at global scope“ – C2598.

I have no real experience working with C++, so if anyone encountered similar problems running this package in Windows, I am happy about any help I can get.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day,

Markus