goptical

Re: [Goptical] Line along optical axis

From: Alexandre Becoulet
Subject: Re: [Goptical] Line along optical axis
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 16:54 +0100

On Tuesday 04 December 2012 21:47:02 Richard Graham wrote:

Hi Richard,

> Looking at the code it seems like this must arise when the bounding box
> coordinates are transformed but I loose track of it then.
>
> Any ideas?

I just had a look to the code but it's not easy to track the bug without a
test case. Can you please tell me if the Surface::get_bounding_box function
returns a correct z for both surfaces of the lens? The sag value at outline
shape max radius is used for the z component of the surface bounding box; this
may yield incorrect results depending on the curve.

Regards,

--
Alexandre