gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] Re: <GOMD> GOMDVIEW & DAEMON updated

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: [gomd-devel] Re: <GOMD> GOMDVIEW & DAEMON updated
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:07:02 +0000

Ciao again,

On Samstag 10 April 2004 20:27, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi Matt.
>
> > btw1 : i re-checked + tested the latest changes on gomdview
> > and it works nice for me too.
>
> Me too :)
>
> > btw2 : updated gomdview.cpp in the cvs and changed the
> > open_remotecon method to use the lg object.
> > Could you please re-check ? it is not yet working for me ;))
> > (take your time, will look into it a bit more the next days if time)
>
> open_remotecon() or the whole program doesn't work? Here all works fine. :)

only the updated open_remotecon() method
It looks like it should work ;) and the daemon receives
the correct cmd but the remote console does not open yet.

> Did you start the autodiscovery for the daemon so it can fill the
> /etc/knownGomds cache file? ("start ad 10" => will search the daemon on
> local node from X.Y.Z.1 to X.Y.Z.10).
>

> My idea about using the libgomd class (feel free to drop it if not needed

sounds good, feel free to enhance the code ;)

> :) )
>
> string lall;
> string mall;
> Vector loadValues;
> Vector memValues;
>
> THREAD LOOP
>     if(lg.openConn(...)==true)
>     {
>         lall = lg.getInfo("get load ALL");
>         mall = lg.getInfo("get mem ALL");
>         lg.closeConn();
>         loadValues parseValue(lall); //fill a vector with found load values
>         memValues parseValue(mall);  //fill a vector with found mem values
>         setLoadGauges(loadValues);   //set QT-based gauges for load values
>         setMemGauges(memValues);     //set QT-based gauges for mem values
>     }
> CLOSE LOOP
>
> Bye.
>
> <JP>

have a good night,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

(A)bort, (R)etry, (T)ake down entire network?