gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] Re: <DAEMON> Cleaning up scriptsl.

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: [gomd-devel] Re: <DAEMON> Cleaning up scriptsl.
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:51:35 +0000

Hi JP,

On Samstag 10 April 2004 14:31, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi Matt.
>
> >Nothing against the "compile.sh" and "install.sh" but they
> >could be easily replaced by one Makefile  ;)
>
> I was thinking about killing compile and install scripts.
> Could you try adding autotools support for the daemon and the library?

i vote for NOT doing something with the "autotools".
They are ugly and make the whole compile-procedure
more complicated than needed .... not to mentioned
the masses of useless files it creates.
I had the autotools in openMosixview for a longer time
and had diffrent compile troubles from diffrent user, horrible, then
i switched completly to static + clean self-written Makefiles..
... and guess what ;) now compile probs at all reported by the
openMosixview users.
It is also much more easier to maintain those few Makefiles.
... as usual just my mind.
please check :
http://www.openmosixview.com/download.html (changelog of 1.5)
and
http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/889/

I do not know so much about the OSX deps but i would suggest
to handle this "manually" too.

> Thanks.
>
> <rejected>

cheers,

Matt
--
E-mail  :  address@hidden
www     : http://www.openmosixview.com

I know that you are an optimist if you think I am a pessimist....