gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] <BETA> various stuff...

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] <BETA> various stuff...
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:54:45 +0200

Hi all.

First of all, I'd like to thank the whole GOMD TEAM for
helping/supporting/... me. ;)
First public beta is approaching.

BETA PERIOD
- start of beta phase: 30 Sept 2003 (release during the night as I'll have
an exam on the afternoon)
- end of beta phase: 30 October 2003 (I hope).

PR STUFF
Matt: we've to define what to include in the posts on the oM ML.
Ok? ;)

PACKAGING
> what about packaging for the beta ?
> sources and/or rpm's ? even debs and/or gentoo builds ?
We need a package maintainer... ;)
Any volunteer?
However all the packaging stuff is done.
ATM we can deploy:
- RPM (for Mdk, RH, SuSE)
- ebuild (for Gentoo)
- deb (for Debian)
- compressed sources, tar.gz (for all)

BUG FIX.
> the "get cpuinfo 257" command returned me only the info of the 1st cpu,
> while I have 2 cpu's in that machine.
> The /proc/cpuinfo file was ok.
> Could somebody look at this please? :)

Fixed (changed some stuff in utils.cpp).
Please test on your machine, roeles. ;)

JAVA2GOMD
> P.s. I finished the basics of java2gomd. Now I just have to implement this
> before I am going to release:
> - Neat exception handling/throwing
> - Bandwith control
> - Graphical classes for easy monitoring
> - Documentation (javadoc and more)
Excellent! If you need help, I'm here... ;)

DEBUG
As we're approaching first beta, I'm doing some deep tests for removing
memory leaks, thread race-condition,...
I'm using two outstanding tools:  valgrind
(http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/) and the graphic profiler kcachegrind
(http://www.weidendorfers.de/kcachegrind).
I'm working on a new script (debug/valgrind.sh) to automatize the search of
bugs (ATM only for the daemon).
ASAP the commit.

MATT's QT-BASED EXAMPLE
ASAP I'll add the example to the compile.sh script (as optional code to be
compiled).

DOCUMENTATION.
ASAP the update for the whole documentation+lots of comments in the code.

SURVEY ABOUT CHPOX SUPPORT
This feature is really important for several users.
Should we start the implementation while we're in beta phase (maybe asking
the user to explicitly enable feature via a command line option)?
I need comments/suggestions/... about this support.

Byez.

<rejected>

PS: thanks again for all...