gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON AND LIB> preliminar cluster-wideclusterSnapshot

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON AND LIB> preliminar cluster-wideclusterSnapshot in CVS
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:35:04 +0200

Hey JP, some news from my testing,

On Donnerstag 14 August 2003 22:44, Gian Paolo Ghilardi wrote:
> Hi Matt.
> Thanks for your help: I cannot fix the headers. :)

checked it again and got it working now ;)))
... did not exactly know what it was, i moved from RH7.3 to 8.0 and
then it compiles and works very nice.
Also i saw those generated html but i could not found a snapshot.html file,
everything was displayed on the console, hehehe.... !?

I have 5 nodes with the gomd up and running now :))

and ...
address@hidden root]# /etc/init.d/gomd start
Starting gomd: found configfile /etc/gomd.conf
<INFO> generic openMosix daemon was started
address@hidden root]# <INFO> Binding port 9889 on host 10.100.0.1
<ACL RULEBOOK>: Opening file: #etc/acl.conf#
<ERROR> opening file<ACL RULEBOOK>: File is empty.

mhmm, the /etc/acl.conf is there but cannot be opened ok !?

<ACL RULEBOOK>: Inserting a new rule (allow all).
<ACL RULEBOOK>: Map filled...
<ACL RULEBOOK>: Map contents...
-> ANY_IP:ACL_FULL_CONTROL

;) cheated FULL_CONTROL in the source and re-compiled

<CS COLL> initialiazing...
<CS COLL> try reading known gomds cache file...
<ERROR> opening file<CS COLL> no known gomds => starting autodiscovery...

open file error again ?

<GOMD SEARCHER> Starting search...
<GSEARCH>: searching for other gomds...
<GSEARCH>: local subnet: 10.100.0.x
<INFO> Handling a new connection for a client
<NETCODE> Accepting from:10.100.0.1
<INFO> New connHandler created!
<INFO> Total number of handled conns: 1
  - Trying IP: 10.100.0.1 -> gomd found!
<ERROR> Connection closed by remote host.
<ERROR> (ClusterSnapshot request executed.)
<CONN HANDLER> closing connection to 10.100.0.1.
  - Trying IP: 10.100.0.2 -> gomd found!
  - Trying IP: 10.100.0.3 -> gomd found!
<GSEARCH>: remote gomd daemons found: 3
<ERROR> opening file<CS COLL> no known gomd found by autodiscovery!!!

what am i missing here ?

> BTW: we're reaching the first public beta release.

yep, it looks very good.

> I'll be away from Aug 25 to 3/4 Sept (vacation).
> During that period, I'd like someone becoming a sort of beta-testers'
> master (for CVS commiting/quality checking/...).
> Is there anybody for this role? ;)))

oh, i will test as much as possible, really busy at work ;)

> Thanks.
>
> Byez.
>
> <rejected>

from Mirko's mail:

> Man, you can code in a terrific way but what the hell are those "dolphins"
> in the background of the pages?!? :P

oh, i like them ;) looks "fluid"

> By the way, please everybody congratulate Gian Paolo for his article about
> "Libraries under Linux" on september's issue of the italian Linux Magazine
> :)

Congrats + compliments !!!  :))))

thank you and have a nice weekend,

Matt