gomd-devel

[gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: lib to get extra info easily...

From: Gian Paolo Ghilardi
Subject: [gomd-devel] <DAEMON>: lib to get extra info easily...
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:36:43 +0200

Hi all.

Next step for daemon will be producing extra infos (as reported on our
site).
As I don't want reinvent the wheel, I've just found a great library for this
purpose: libgtop.

Here you can find some info about this lib.
http://hoth.stsci.edu/cgi-bin/info2html?(libgtop.info)Top

Infos we can get  via this lib:
glibtop_cpu::                     CPU Usage.
glibtop_mem::                   Memory Usage.
glibtop_swap::                  Swap Usage.
glibtop_uptime::                System Uptime.
glibtop_loadavg::               Load Average.
glibtop_proclist::                Process List.
glibtop_proc_state::           Process State.
glibtop_proc_uid::              Process UID and TTY Information.
glibtop_proc_mem::           Process Memory Information.
glibtop_proc_time::            Process Time Information.
glibtop_proc_signal::          Process Signal Information.
glibtop_proc_kernel::         Process Kernel Data Information.
glibtop_proc_segment::      Process Segment Information.
glibtop_proc_args::            Process Arguments.
glibtop_proc_map::            Process Memory Maps.
glibtop_netload::                Network Load.
glibtop_mountlist::              Mount List.
glibtop_fsusage::                File System Usage.

Actually I've started coding sysInfo C++ class. ;)
As I don't want to force the user to install libgtop also (I hate
dependencies), sysInfo class will built in the daemon _only_ if the library
is present.

ASAP I'll remove lex dependency (this is my nightmare! ;) ).

BTW, I'm away 'till this Sunday...
Comments?

CU.

<rejected>