gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] about the gomd+libgomd

From: johnycsh
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] about the gomd+libgomd
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:55:16 -0600 (CST)

Hey Matt let me see if i get your idea.

Rather than having libgomd communicate to a single server (like the one
running on the login node) and having that server communicate with the
rest of the nodes, and then having the gomd running on the home node
return the info to theclient that made a request with libgomd you think
libgomd itself could issue the request to al of the gomd-server running on
the cluster.

While this might have some benefits in term of simplicity in programing,
i can see one real problem with it. I expect that the vast majority of
people will be running programsl inked to libgomd like 3dmosmon remotely.
I also suspect that the vast majority of these remote users wont be able
to connect directly to all of the nodes in the cluster due ot networking
issues. Security issues aside, i tihnk most people run oM on a sperate
subnet for performance issues as well. I think if you require the client
to have unfettered network acces to evry node in the cluster it wil break
an awful lot of people setups, but maybe youve ealt with more clusters
than me.

gotta run to class, please excuse my atrocius spelling
ttyl
-jc