gnuzilla-dev

Would a docker container be a viable way of building Icecat?

From: chippy
Subject: Would a docker container be a viable way of building Icecat?
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 10:30:58 +0200

I was thinking on what Mark wrote about being able to guide the users
building Icecat.

A docker container runs everywhere, it offers consistency to help users
with issues, it would solve my problems with Jenkins, users can count
on a solid and tested solution and by readong the Dockerfile one person
can deduce all the dependencies needed in case they want to do a host-
native build anyway.
As a plus I've never done anything like this and it sounds like a ton
of fun and new things to learn, so, in case, you can count me in. I've
been thinking of going that direction myself to make things easier.

I might very well have overlooked something, as i believe i'm not the
first one thinking of this, maybe there is some catch...

WDYT?

Chippy