gnutls-devel

NETTLE_CFLAGS & NETTLE_LIBS not going to AM_CFLAGS & AM_LDFLAGS

From: Mohan R
Subject: NETTLE_CFLAGS & NETTLE_LIBS not going to AM_CFLAGS & AM_LDFLAGS
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 18:23:08 +0530

Hi,

I was trying to compile gnutls 3.2.1 and had some tough time fixing
nettle issue.

In my system, nettle library is not installed in the standard locations
but under my home directory "~/Local/lib64"
"~/Local/lib64/include/nettle/"

1st issue I faced, undefined symbol 'memxor', then I fixed it by adding,

AM_CFLAGS += $(NETTLE_CFLAGS)

inside lib/nettle/Makefile.am, but again, I faced another issue in CCLD
phase saying undefined reference to X symbol, where X is one of the
symbol in libnettle.so.

I thought I have to write a script which will modify all the
Makefile.am's to append NETTLE_CFLAGS & NETTLE_LIBS into AM_CFLAGS &
AM_LDFLAGS. But stopped there to ask devs whether there is a solution
for this already known problem (if at all known).

I end up with doing following commandline to run 'configure'

$ CFLAGS=$(pkg-config --cflags nettle) LDFLAGS=$(pkg-config --libs
nettle) ./configure --prefix="${HOME}/Local" --disable-doc

It fixes the issue, but this is not the right one. Please someone
compile gnutls with dependency libraries not present in standard
locations.

Note: I never run 'autoreconf' this is the 'configure' straight from the
src tarball gnutls-3.2.1.tar.xz

Thanks,
Mohan R