gnutls-devel

Re: On dropping -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE

From: Sam Varshavchik
Subject: Re: On dropping -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 19:28:51 -0500

Simon Josefsson writes:

My conclusion is that -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE is not needed on glibc
systems.  Does anyone know of other systems that needs these defines to
work properly?

I'm inclined to remove the lines from configure.in.  If some other
system needs this to have working standard C/POSIX functions, we could
solve it via a gnulib module, I suppose.

You don't even need to do that at all. If someone needs these symbols, they can simply set CPPFLAGS before running configure (the -D flags belong in CPPFLAGS, rather than CFLAGS, in any case).